Covering most important aspects of working with entities. From basic CRUD, working with entity fields, revisions, translations, entity templates in PHP and twig as well as some deep dives into inner workings of Content Entities. And finally, room for the questions you always wanted to ask an entity system maintainer.
The session will focus on content entities and working with existing entity types, defining a new entity type from scratch will not be covered.
- What is an entity
- Basic concepts: entity types, config vs content entities, bundles, fields, ...
- Fields: Field types, formatters, widgets, Typed data
- Rendering entities: View displays, entity render arrays and templates
- Revisions, Content moderation
- New in Drupal 9.3: Bundle classes
Level of expertise: The goal is that everyone will have a better understanding than before and learn some new bits, if you're new to Drupal you might not immediately follow everything but the presentation will also work as a reference to come back to later.