Drupal and Android through REST: Quick integration
REST in Drupal is getting more advocates everyday. There are some awesome modules that can help us achieve a great communication between the server and the client. However, integrating it with a native Android application might feel tricky as there are no much documentation for that implementation.
This talk aims to explain the implementation of the basic communication between a Drupal 8 installation with a client in Android using the library Retrofit. And it will cover the following topics:
- Setting up the Drupal REST modules.
- Setting up the Android app that will allow the user to login, logout and insert of nodes while keeping the session open.
- Explanation of the library used in Android.
- Do’s and Don’ts when creating the implementation.
- Common problems when integrating with Android.
- Old examples of previous approaches and existing libraries.